Saturday, January 30, 2010

Numb

What do you do when your heart feels like it's breaking every second of every day and not because of the relationship that you're in, because that's great, but because of everything you face in the world, the opposition, and the hatred?

It's like nothing matters when you feel like the world is falling apart around you, when you feel like your world is a painting painted on a thin sheet of glass that has been shattered into millions of tiny fragments that no one will ever be able to put back together and when there finally seems like there is some small fraction of hope, that the pieces finally fit, another wave of darkness washes over and destroys it.

So why do I continually try ti put the pieces back together? Why do I feel numb to the world around me when my deepest connections are with it?

It feels like it's broken. The very brush that I used to paint my world has been splintered because of my neglect of it and now the very painting that I fought so hard to protect has been destroyed as well. And so when I am seen....I am numb.

-Shattered_Reality

No comments:

Post a Comment